Silhouette Soft – Cannes & Nice | Dr. Victor Médard de Chardon
Silhouette Soft™ are lifting threads held in place by cones which make it possible to reposition the facial and neck volume giving a discrete, natural result. In no way do they replace a cervico-facial mini-lift (surgical half face lift) but make it possible to fight facial sagging without surgery. Given a growing demand for gentle techniques for facial rejuvenation, threads are an excellent option for treating the ptosis component of the face and neck temporarily. Silhouette Soft™ threads belong to the class of injectable medical devices approved by the FDA in America and having CE marking.
THE DOUBLE ACTION OF SILHOUETTE SOFT THREADS
Silhouette Soft™ threads are resorbable lifting threads made of L-polylactic acid. They have a double action.
The threads are held in place by cones enabling tissues in the sagging areas of the face such as the eyebrows, cheekbones, jowls and neck to be lifted.
In addition, when the threads are resorbed they stimulate natural collagen production aiding the dermal regeneration of the tissues.
Silhouette Soft™ threads belong to the class of injectable medical devices approved by the FDA in America and having CE marking. The ISO 13485 standard is compliant with European Directive 93/42. Polylactic acid is a biocompatible compound that resorbs totally in 18 to 24 months. It is a product that has been known for many years and used in various medical applications, such as surgical sutures as well as plates and screws for treating bone fractures.
LIFTING THREADS WITHIN A GLOBAL REJUVENATION PROJECT
Threads held in place by cones are some of the medical rejuvenation treatment options for the face and neck. In fact each ageing component should be treated by the right technique to preserve the harmony and features of each face. So volume losses are restored by the injection of filling products including hyaluronic acid, and tissue ptosis is treated by a surgical mini-lift or by threads at an early stage. The surface of the skin is treated by a mesolift, a skin booster, a light peel with glycolic acid, daily micropeels and/or fractionated CO2 laser. In consultation with you, Doctor Victor Médard de Chardon will therefore determine your treatment plan, i.e. the best rejuvenation project for your face.
INDICATION FOR SILHOUETTE SOFT™ THREADS
The best indication for threads is a patient after the age of 30 presenting early signs of facial ageing in the form of ptosis (sagging) which is not yet ready for a surgical mini-lift. When ptosis is already significant, the cervico-facial lift is the best option.
- Facial oval
- No preparation is necessary before treatment
- The lifting threads are inserted in Doctor Victor Médard de Chardon’s surgery in optimal asepsis conditions
- Local anaesthesia
- A minimal entry is created by a needle hole, allowing one or more threads to be inserted. In the tissues cones hold the threads in place and the traction of these threads enables the sagging tissues to be lifted
- Mild oedema and sometimes bruising at the entry point for the threads
- Sometimes skin irregularity at the entry points for the threads
- Little or no pain but a feeling of tension
- Return to social activities after 3 to 8 days
- The result is stable for an optimum duration of about 12 months. In fact the results vary depending on the type of skin, the technique used, lifestyle and the area to be treated
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SEQUELAE
- Application of antibiotic ointment to the thread entry points for 5 days
- Application of ice
- Take analgesics if necessary
- Keep the head raised and sleep on the back for the first 5 nights
- Do not rub the face for the first 5 days
- No sun or UV if there is bruising
- Avoid facial massage and beauty treatments for 3 weeks
- No sport for 3 weeks
- No dental procedures for 3 weeks
- Avoid excessive movement of the face (yawning, laughing, force smile, etc.) for 3 weeks
Consultations at the aesthetic surgeon's office in rue d'Antibes, Cannes
- Local anaesthesia
- 30 minutes
- Sensation of tension post-treatment
- Social activities can be resumed within a few days
- Durability: variable, up to 1 year