What is the aim of an arm lift?
An arm lift is a aesthetic surgery procedure on the inside of the arms to tighten the skin by resection and lifting, and to remove excess fat using lipoaspiration.
What are the principles of aesthetic surgery on the arms?
- Where there is only excess fat and no ptosis (sagging of the skin) (as we often find with young patients), surgery involving only lipoaspiration of the arms may suffice. Further information: liposuction of the arms
- Where there is sagging of the skin on the arms ("bingo wings") (as we often find in women over fifty or after weight loss), arm surgery involves a lift to tighten the skin. An arm lift may or may not, therefore, be combined with lipoaspiration (liposuction) to reduce excess fat.
There are two techniques for arm lifts (brachial lifting).
ARM LIFT WITH LONGITUDINAL SCAR
Indications: this type of arm lift is performed when there is a large amount of excess skin, usually after major weight loss.
Procedure for arm lift with longitudinal scar :
- Lipoaspiration (liposuction) of the arms is performed to reduce excess fat
- The arm lift itself is then performed to tighten the skin on the inside of the arm
- The scar is situated along the arm, from the armpit to the elbow
- Tightening is maximal and the result is stable
ARM LIFT WITH AXILLARY (ARMPIT) SCAR
Indications: this type of arm lift is performed when there is a minor amount of excess skin, usually in women over fifty.
Procedure for arm lift with axillary scar :
- Lipoaspiration (liposuction) of the arms is performed to reduce excess fat.
- The arm lift itself is then performed to tighten the skin on the inside of the arm.
- The arm lift scar is situated inside the armpit.
- Tightening is moderate and less long-lasting than longitudinal brachial lifting
Moderate pain but discomfort when performing daily tasks: 15 to 21 days
Compression clothing worn for: 4 weeks
Compression stockings worn for: 48 hours
No stitches to remove No drain to remove
Final result on figure: 6 months
Final appearance of arm surgery scars: 12 months
Back to work: 15 to 21 days
Back to sport: 6 weeks
STATE HEALTH INSURANCE COVER
If the surgeon thinks that state health insurance may cover the surgery (in accordance with the social security criteria), a prior approval request will be written. You will be invited for a meeting within 15 days of receipt of the letter. The state health insurance medical advisor will make the decision and will send a written response to your plastic surgeon. If the request is successful, the surgery will be deemed reconstructive surgery. If not, it will be considered as aesthetic surgery.
LONGITUDINAL ARM LIFT
1. Scar along the arm
2. Lipoaspiration and tightening along the arm
AXILLARY BRACHIAL LIFTING
1. Scar in the armpit
2. Lipoaspiration and moderate tightening
Consultations at the aesthetic surgeon's office in rue d'Antibes, Cannes
- Operation at the clinic in Cannes or Nice
- Hospitalisation: outpatient or one night
- Anaesthesia: general
- Duration: 2 hours
- Time off work: 15 to 21 days
- No stitches to remove
- Compression clothing worn for: 1 month