Bodylifting – Cannes & Nice | Dr. Victor Médard de Chardon
What are the objectives of a body lift?
A body lift, otherwise knowing as body lifting or circular abdominoplasty, is a procedure combining an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), a lift of the lateral surface of the thighs (hips) and a buttock lift, possibly enhanced using a buttock augmentation and remodelling procedure.
Which patients are candidates for a body lift?
A body lift is indicated in patients who present sagging and flat buttocks, a slackening of the skin on the external surfaces of the thighs and damaged abdominal skin (stretch marks on the tummy or abdominal apron). A body lift is usually performed after major weight loss, whether or not following weight loss surgery (gastric by-pass, sleeve gastrectomy or gastric band). To obtain the best result following a body lift, the pre-surgery weight must be stable for at least 6 months.
TECHNICAL PRINCIPLES OF A BODY LIFT
The body lift involves several operations:
Pre-operative drawings of the body lift
- The surgeon performs several pre-operative mark-ups of the body, with the patient in a standing position
Posterior phase of the body lift
- This concerns the buttock lift and the lateral surfaces of the thighs
- The body lift starts in ventral decubitus (on the tummy)
- The buttock lift is performed first. The buttock lift enables sagging buttocks (buttock ptosis) to be lifted. If the buttocks are flat, a buttock augmentation is performed using a remodelled dermo-fat flap to obtain an optimum contour.
- Liposuction of the outer thigh is performed, followed a lift of the external surfaces of the thighs.
- The scar from the body lift is placed under the bikini line.
Anterior phase of the body lift
- The body lift is performed with the patient in dorsal decubitus (on their back).
- A high-lateral tension abdominoplasty enables a tummy tuck to be performed in an intense and lasting manner, with optimum safety. Where diastasis is present, the large flat muscles are placed back in their correct position.
- Adjustment of the tension of the abdominoplasty is performed with the patient in a semi-sitting position.
- Drains are inserted at the end of the body lift.
- The horizontal scar from the abdominoplasty is placed under the bikini line and meets the posterior scarring. There is a small scar around the navel. Therefore, scarring from a body lift is circular, due to which some refer to it as a circular abdominoplasty.
- Further information: Abdominoplasty
POST-OPERATIVE EFFECTS AND RESULT
- Moderate pain and discomfort when performing daily tasks: 21 days
- Removal of the drains on the day the patient is discharged from the clinic
- The result of the body lift is immediately visible but there is moderate swelling due to the oedema
- Final result on figure: 6 to 12 months
- Final appearance of scars: 12 months
- No wire to be removed except for three stitches on the navel
- Compression clothing (lipopanty) worn for: 4 weeks
- Wearing of compression stockings: 14 days
- Return to work: 21 days
- Return to sports activities following body lift: 4 to 6 weeks
- Photo showing example of body lift: Photo body lift
STATE HEALTH INSURANCE COVER
If your plastic surgeon believes that a body lift is possible, a request for a prior agreement will be written. You will be called within 14 days following receipt of the email by the health insurer's medical board, which will make a decision. If the response is favourable, the body lift will be partially or totally covered, depending on your health insurance policy.
RESULT OF A BODY LIFT AT 1 YEAR
1. Scars hidden by bathing costume
2. Liposuction of the lateral faces of the thighs
3. Lift of the lateral faces of the thighs
4. Buttock lift +/- buttock augmentation
HIGH TENSION ABDOMINOPLASTY
1. Liposuction of flanks and epigastrium
2. Scars hidden
3. Stomach lift from below
Consultations at the aesthetic surgeon's office in rue d'Antibes, Cannes
- Aim: Circular lift of the waist and buttocks
- Operation at the clinic in Cannes or Nice
- Hospitalisation: two to five nights
- Anaesthesia: general
- Duration: 4 to 6 hours
- Time off work: 21 days
- No stitches to remove
- Wearing of panties: 1 month